Saturday, March 5, 2011

(Eco Mom) Best Cloth Diapers....

I have to be honest...I spent more time researching how to be a green mom than how to be a mom. (Unfortunate for me as many mistakes have been made in the "Nursing" area, creating a month of intense pain :- ) I just didn't want to waste any money "trying" things myself and not liking them. So, I spent months researching cloth diaper websites, blogs, and reviews. I wanted to learn from everyone else's mistakes. I think it worked well as, I love everything I use except the few cheap routes I tried on Ebay from Asian retailers.
Bum Genius 4.0 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
While they retail at $17.95 I have never spent that.The only time I have purchased any, they were from sales like... "buy 5 get 1 free", "buy 3 get 1 free", and once from a Zulilly.com sale. So respectively, I spent $12.99-$14.99 . However, these never go on "sale" like other brands may. I have 16 now and it gets me through the day with one load to wash. My math says you save about $85.00 a week compared to disposables.
Most newborns won't fit into the one size diapers. However, they are one sized and fit from 10lbs to 35lbs.
I didn't spend money buying "newborn" cloth diapers as, I found that they grow out of them in about a month. I did buy two preemie/newborn clothes which, were worth their money in just cuteness as, they were the tiniest little things I'd ever seen. They have a snap for the newborn umbilical cord and supposedly fit from 4lbs to 12lbs. But, as I thought she was out of them in 3 weeks.



So, she did spend her first month in disposables. She had the worst rashes from the time we brought her home until we bought Huggies Pure and Naturals. Amazing how most people put their babies in those toxic things without problems (that they know of yet). Every once in awhile when I run out of the Pure and Naturals and use regular diapers I received from the shower...after just one wear she is BRIGHT red.

No comments:

Post a Comment